Skip to main content

What's Donald Ducking?

Liz Cheney is going to support Kamala, how fabulous is that. Makes me so happy. She is courageous and has a moral core. She, my kind of republican, actually, she unlike all those cowards who are MAGATTS, is a real republican, the kind with whom you can disagree in a civil conversation.

Yesterday we were supposed to be in Rome. The captain tried and tried but the weather conditions were too awful so we had to skip that port and pasta a da gino. Boo hoo. The good news (as opposed to we couldn’t go to Rome) is that we arrived in Naples and were able to find our way to the cafe and Pizza place we were instructed to find. It wasn’t the reservoir tavern but it was pretty good.

Talk about being big as a house, oh we weren’t, well I am. And I’m not going on a diet anytime soon. This is too much fun. The meals, the sweets, (including high tea) I’m even eating fruit that’s not frozen in heavy syrup.

I was reading my Facebook messages and I saw that David Fisher commented on the political chickens without actually mentioning me. The chickens were my creation during the Clinton/Bush years because Bush wasn’t going to debate.

So based on the chickens during the Lindsay campaign it was agreed that our small group of mischief makers would send people in chicken costumes to Bush events. We were never disrespectful and we didn’t disrupt the event. The chickens were just supposed to be seen by the press. And they sure were. After the first chicken appeared there were chickens popping up all over the country. The Lindsay people used real chicken and it was a little bit of a disaster.

Once Bush decided to debate we transitioned to other costumed characters all of whom sent a message. Like witch George Bush? You get the picture. President Bush who was a great guy even handed one of my chickens a note that said “what you are doing is in the best spirit of American politics just don’t work too hard against me”.

Can you imagine what Trump would say or do?

He’d probably roast the chickens at one his silly properties. We tried to do that with Trump and ducks but the DNC didn’t understand the difference between a protest and a message.

So we disbanded but first we made a video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7dJMGdR1gw


Popular posts from this blog

So Here We Go: "So You Think You Can Be President? Who Doesn't?"

So You Think You Can Be President, Who Doesn’t? Since this is the first blog on my new site, people have suggested that I write about my vision of my new book, "So You Think You Can be President, Who Doesn’t." Unlike our first book, my writing partner and friend Clay Greager, who passed away last October, wouldn’t like that. He would say, hey girl, move on! Truth is it isn’t easy without Clay. This book is a bit different; still political humor, but times have changed so much that there is a whole lot more.material. But Clay is in my head and with that.... Welcome to my new blog. It will be filled with great stories as well as commentary on the state of politics today. In 1963, while still in high school, a friend of mine asked a few of us if we would like to go to West Point as dates for some of the Cadets who were having a formal dance. Always being up for an adventure, I said, of course. There were four of us who agreed to do this. It was a Friday afternoon and the ga

YOUR LAST FLIGHT OUT

Key West is a place that can only be explained by the people who live there. It is sometimes a state of mind filled with junk stores, good food and lots of colorful people. It is all those things, but so much more, you could write a book about it. Which brings me to another book, which I wrote with Clay Greager, one of those colorful people. When I met Clay he owned a t-shirt shop on one of main streets in Key West. It was called “Last Flight Out" and there was lots of Vietnam and airplane stuff in the window. There was no way I could stay outside, so I went in. There were people milling around and I noticed that the owner was telling interesting and insightful stories. There were no chairs, so I sat down in the corner where I listened to Clay’s stories, and took some political calls - probably from candidates or their staff people. What I didn’t realize was that Clay was listening to my call at the same time I was listening to his stories. When all the customers were gone he turn

I Can’t Control What Other People Do

“I can’t control what other people do.” That’s what McCain said today when asked if he would admonish people who said despicable things about Obama.  (These are not direct quotes but I put them in quotes because it’s what I would do if I was writing fiction and someone said something worth quoting.)  What does “I can’t control or I can’t stop them” mean?  It means the general election will be very ugly. David has been with McCain for a day and a half and he says “this guy will be very hard to beat.”  That’s actually a direct quote. Every four years a few elected officials decide they want to be President of the United States. And every four years political junkies, sign on to a campaign and try to try to get them elected. Sometimes the people surrounding the candidate have high ideals and a centered moral core. Sometimes the campaign staff and consultants are a little too Machiavellian for my taste. The end cannot justify the means when the end means the we are left with a lie.   I am